8 vegetables that you can regrow again and again.
You can regrow scallions by leaving an inch attached to the roots and place them in a small glass with a little water in a well-lit room.
When garlic begins to sprout, you can put them in a glass with a little water and grow garlic sprouts. The sprouts have a mild flavor than garlic and can be added to salads, pasta and other dishes.
Bok choy can be regrown by placing the root end in water in a well-lit area. In 1-2 weeks , you can transplant it to a pot with soil and grow a full new head.
Put carrot tops in a dish with a little water. Set the dish in a well-lit room or a window sill. You’ll have carrot tops to use in salads.
Put clippings from basil with 3 to 4-inch stems in a glass of water and place it in direct sunlight. When the roots are about 2 inches long, plant them in pots to and in time it will grow a full basil plant.
Cut off the base of the celery and place it in a saucer or shallow bowl of warm water in the sun. Leaves will begin to thicken and grow in the middle of the base, then transfer the celery to soil.
Put romaine lettuce stumps in a 1/2 inch of water. Re-water to keep water level at 1/2 inch. After a few days, roots and new leaves will appear and you can transplant it into soil.
The stems of cilantro will grown when placed in a glass of water. Once the roots are long enough, plant them in a pot in a well-lit room. You will have a full plant in a few months.
Note to self: Stay Body Positive
- Stop using the “o” words to describe fat people. The O words “obese” and “overweight” are clinical terms that reinforce the idea that human bodies should all fall into a narrow range of weight in order to be considered healthy. This is problematic on many levels.
- Stop using the word “fit” as a description for a thin body type. Fit simply means “in good health”. Using the word fit to describe thin people implies two things: that all thin people are in good health, and that those without that body type are in bad health. Fit is not a body size, it is a state of health. And those who are fat can be fit just as those who are thin can be unfit.
- Stop using the word fat as an insult. It is not ok to use my body type as an insult. Fat is simply a word to describe a body type. It does not mean ugly, unhealthy, lazy, gross, unintelligent, (enter in all the other disgusting words that our fat phobic society likes to link with the word fat), etc. Even saying things like “big fat jerk” “big fat ____” as an insult links the word fat with that insult. Again, not cool. Stop doing it.
- Stop assuming you know someone’s health, eating habits, exercise habits, and life based on their body size (this includes fat and thin people alike). Thin people shouldn’t be assumed to be anorexic and fat people shouldn’t be assumed to eat massive quantities of food. Thin people shouldn’t be assumed to exercise all the time, only eat “rabbit food”, and have severe and disciplined lives. Fat people shouldn’t be assumed to never exercise, only eat junk food, and have lazy and undisciplined lives. Don’t assume you know anything about a person based on their body size. The only thing you can tell by looking at a thin person is that they are thin. The only thing you can tell by looking at a fat person is that they are fat.
- Stop assuming that fat people would rather be thin. There are many fat people who absolutely love their bodies (I am one of them) and wouldn’t change it if given the choice. Assuming that a fat person would rather be thin says a lot about your warped perception of thinness and is highly insulting to the fat people who do love their fat bodies.
- Stop complimenting people on their “weight loss”. This is problematic for many reasons. The most obvious is the assumption that weight loss is always a good thing. As well is the assumption that a thin body type is better than any other body type. There are other problems with complimenting weight loss that I won’t get into at this point.
- Realize that a healthy body isn’t required for someone to be treated with human dignity and respect. All people have a right to respect and to be treated like a human being. Everyone has a right to be treated with dignity regardless of their body size or their health. You have no right to shame someone based on your ideal of health. And it doesn’t matter if someone is doing something that YOU feel is not healthy, if it’s an adult and if it’s their body, then it’s their business and their business alone. Again, someone else’s health is not your business.
(It is nearly 2 am and I’m on cold meds as I write this, so if I get anything wrong or left things out (likely) then please feel free to correct me or add things that are important in the Fat Acceptance movement.)
"fat girls shouldn’t—"
—have to deal with your narrow minded bullshit.
A person’s health does not determine their self worth. How fucking hard is it to understand that.
Emma Watson’s HeForShe speech about the importance of the feminist struggle and Leonardo DiCaprio’s speech about climate change have both been hot topics in the last few days. Two moviestars addressing the UN about important causes: they’re really not that different events.
But this is how The Daily Mail chose to report on them:
"Emma Watson said stuff about stuff about women and equality and stuff, BUT LOOK HOW PRETTY SHE IS! LOOK! SHE HAS A DRESS!"
Women are considered fragile but I’ve never seen anything as easily wounded as a man’s ego
June 27, 2014
New York, New York
The photo where the person’s fist is up directly in front of the poster witha fist drawn on it is absolutely iconic. These images are amazing.
"It’s just a prank, calm down!"
When did harassing women become a prank? You can clearly see that this girl is trying to laugh it off even though she’s uncomfortable with it, and that is not okay. If I’m a feminazi for pointing this out, then so be it, I’m not going to tolerate this shit.
This Sam Pepper controversy is good. It’s good because he’s being called out on this ridiculous and misogynistic behaviour. FUN FACT: If you ever think that you have the right to touch a stranger on ANY part of their body without their consent, you’re wrong. That’s sexual harassment, plain and simple, and it’s completely wrong.
Fuck this guy. This guy is a despicable piece of shit. I hope all of these women press charges against him.